Welcome!

This will be our blog for EDT400. This is where we can learn about blogging and share ideas.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Social Bookmarking?

How might you use a social bookmarking site in your future career?

18 comments:

  1. Social bookmarking can be a very useful tool for keeping track of all the sites you find valuable. It also allows you to share these links and pages with the public. It can be helpful for keeping a collection of pages to use and share with your students when teaching. I had multiple teachers who used a social bookmarking site called portaportal in their classrooms. It allowed them to have a quick list of all the pages they would want us to view and we could login to see their page simply by using their username.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i assigned my students a research assignment getting research for their projects would be much easier with the help of a social bookmarking site. Students could not only view others entries but they could read annotated notes on the websites or blogs they were interested in. It is a free and easy way to organize lots of things for your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tool I think would be a wonderful tool for gathering sites that would be in a term paper or research paper. I like the idea that you can bookmark a site that may no longer be running. I really could have used it last semester during Bio 100. I had to review and research data on a subject and to have it all bookmarked would have saved me so much time instead of writing the website in over and over only to find out that some of the information may have been moved or deleted. Then research would start all over again. For me right now, life is all about conserving time and best as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Social bookmarking is great when you find a website that will be helpful for the class you are teaching, especially if you're worried you won't be able to find it again. It is also a good way to share information with other people interested in the same topic. Tagging a bookmark with a general topic will allow you to find similar websites to the website you've already found, and it will also connect you to others who have found similar websites and have tagged them themselves. As a teacher, it would be very helpful because it opens up so many different ways to gain information to teach to students. It is also something that students themselves might find helpful when they are given the task to conduct research for a project in class. By tagging one website, they are then able to see other websites with the same tags and may then have more resources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Social bookmarking sites are great for many things. It is mainly used for its accessibility and convenience. Social networking in general is used more by the younger generation to stay in touch and keep up to date with thins going on in the world. I could see myself using social bookmarking in the future in similar ways. It is an easy way to look at information and seems like it would be an important tool to utilize. I am always interested in technology that make will make teaching, as well as being organized in general, a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. social bookmarking is a very useful way to help you organize valuable sites to make it easier for you to find them. you can tag or title them so that it is easy to see what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Social bookmarking could be very helpful for me as a teacher to find more information on certain topics i find interesting. It is a good way to keep things organized in the same place, and if necessary others could access them easily and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Social networking would be a good way to keep all of the sites you find interesting in one place. This would be very helpful for a teacher who would like to show different links or pages as examples for their students. I had a math class where the teacher used portaportal in order to show us many different lesson plans and ideas for how to teach different concepts. We were able to access the portaportal using a guest username. We could look at the examples and lesson plans the teacher assigned for us to try and critique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my future I may use Social Bookmarking to organize and share my bookmarks with others easily. When I attend grad school and maybe even for my job sharing information from this online will probably be a big part of everything so having these could be very convenient

    ReplyDelete
  10. Social bookmarking sites would be helpful because I would be able to make a list of websites that I think would be helpful for my class that the students would be able to access when they need them. This will certainly be easier to manage the sites that I want to use so I can have a whole collection of websites to use throughout the year rather than having to try and find new sites before the classes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Social bookmarking could be useful for me in the future because it would allow me to keep helpful sites in one, organized location. When I teach, I could post useful websites in folders and organize them by classroom so that each class could easily locate the resources that they need for the course they are taking with me. Social bookmarking sites are also useful because you do not usually have to make an account; on portaportal you can sign in with your teacher's userID as a guest and still see all of the websites they want you to use. Some social bookmarking sites even organize all of your websites automatically- very easy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my career i could use social bookmarking to collect all kinds of information and links that i could organize and group together to help other people learn more about topics i'm interested in. I could make different categories and information filed in those categories so people could easily access information. All the links are on one website which allows you to stay in one place to access whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being a Kinesiology/Exercise Science Major looking to go into Physical Therapy, I will be able to use a social bookmarking site by compiling websites that I find beneficial during my undergraduate education. Creating a site like this will allow me to access websites from any location and make them accessible to anyone. I will be able to use this as a resource for studying, easily follow Physical Therapy graduate programs across the country, and allow me to be updated on the newest therapeutic exercises I can use on my clients.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Social booking marking would help me as a physical therapist because it can help me access websites and give my clients websites for further information on their injury and it can help me find information quicker and easier. It will be easy for me and others to research things that we have never come across before easily and efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have had teachers here use portaportal in the class room to keep track of the sites that they wanted to show in the classroom. I would find it very helpful. Being in college as a student I even would use Social book marking to keep track of sites I use for school and also sites used for personal use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Social bookmarking sites like portaportal are great tools for keeping track of websites that you find important. While this is no different than adding bookmarks to your web browser, portalportal isn't limited to just one computer. As long as you have the internet you can access all of your bookmarks from any computer. This would be very helpful in a profession like teaching because your students can access important sites from their computers without having to remember a long URL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Social bookmarking would be a great way to share websites to a class. You could have links to sites for homework help or games to reinforce what you learned in class or activities to help students understand the material better. Social bookmarking sites would also be very good for research projects that you have students do and keep all their info in one place. I would use sites like portaportal to keep track of sites that I use frequently and different resources for the future when I'm a teacher.

    ReplyDelete