With screencasting you can create lesson plans by showing students how to do certain tasks. As an language arts teacher, you could have your students read stories or poetry while their voice is accompanied by illustrations or visual cues to help them remember spelling words. Students could work in groups to create a screencast about a concept they are learning about in class. Teachers could create screencasts about certain complex computer skills they are teaching. In my case I am planning to teach 2nd grade so I think this would be more useful for higher grades.
As a kindergarten teacher I could possibly use Screencasting to put together some lesson plans and also use it to teach some lessons. I think that it would be especially helpful when you had to have a sub come into your classroom. Then you would know that the lesson is being taught exactly how you want it to be.
I think that I would use screencasts in my early elementary class to help inform parents about what is going on in our classroom. I think that by creating a powerpoint or a slide show of some sort to share work with parents as well as maybe some sort of weekly news letter that is explained in greater depth with spoken words. Students might find it fun to annotate their own stories by having their pictures put on the computer and they can read their stories out loud, so the person on the other side of the computer could follow along with the authors voice.
Screencasting seems to be a great tool in the classroom. It is a great way to share information as well as to create lesson plans. Screencasting is particularly advantageous because it allows you to show how do a certain task. Basically it is a video with an audio narration that goes along with it to explain something. This could be very useful in many different classroom settings and seems to be a big tool in the future of education.
Screencasting would be a great tool to use in the classroom. One particular situation where I'd see it as being useful is if you're planning on being out a certain day but still want to give your students a specific lesson then you could use a screencast. This would be more effective than just giving a substitute a lesson plan and expecting them to teach your kids the way you want.
As a physical therapist i'm not sure if I would you screen casting. One thing that might be an idea is maybe make a lesson plan with different exercises that my clients could do on their own time because I known when i'm told to do certain exercises I always forget what it was I was suppose to do this way they could just look it up!
I think that I could use screencasting to help my students with grammar or analytical writing. I plan on becoming either an English or a Spanish high school teacher so it would be very useful for me to explain concepts in greater detail using screencast. Also, in regards to teaching Spanish, I could use the audio in a screencast to show my students how to pronounce something correctly. I could share students' work or papers with the class and we could comment on it together using screencasting.
I think screencasting could be helpful for teachers in their classrooms for creating ways to teach their topics or lessons. They could use videos with audio to teach their students when they arent able to be in the room.
I could use podcast as a physical therapist to give additional instruction on exercises that a patient may be assigned. This may cut down on paper copies that usually are given out during appointments. They could just log in and search for the file that would be titled the exercises they are assigned to do.
Screencasting allows a teacher to give step-by-step instructions about a task in order for students to accomplish the task. The video can show how to do the task, while the audio portion gives verbal descriptions of each step. If students were to follow along with the screencast by carrying out the task as the screencast plays, students will better understand if they are doing the task correctly because they can see how the example on the screencast is done. This is a different example, but when I was in high school I took a web design class. It was much easier to follow along with the lesson because the teacher used a projector to display his own screen. The class simply had to follow along with his actions. The same thing could be done with a screencast.
Screencasting seem like it would be a great way to make lesson plans, especially as a teacher and you are out sick and need a sub, the sub knows exactly how to teach the lesson plan. I think screencasting would also be a great way for a teacher to post notes if they had a website or page with a syllabus and the homework and other activities for class. It would be especially helpful for students who missed class or just need extra help learning the concepts.
Screencasting could be best used when trying to teach something that needs specific examples. As an English teacher I could use screencasting to show my students different writing strategies. I could organize my thoughts in the video and make a presentation rather than trying to fit everything onto a white board.
Going off what Melissa said, as a Physical Therapist, I could use screencasing to show clients how to do certain exercises that I teach them during our appointments. Instead of my client trying to do these exercises at home reading what they should be doing off a piece of paper, I can make a screencast that allows my clients to pretend they are doing the exercises with me. This way my clients will not only do these exercises correctly, but also efficiently .
Screencasting has advantages in the classroom. This allows teachers to record lectures and have students watch the lectures before class which allows for more interaction between the students. It would allow students to get a more understanding of the material and do examples instead of sitting for 50 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes listening to the professor just talk. It would allow the visual and hands on learners to grasp the information better.
I could use screencasting to give step by step instructions on ways to do workouts and how to stay on track with nutrition plans. Anything that I forgot to tell them, or didn't explain in enough detail in person could be shown here. This would be a good way for someone to really sit down and think about what they want to say before they say, or they just might not have thought of when there talking to someone. They also might have had something else on there mind, or they might of had to leave or be somewhere for some reason, so this could be very useful if not all information was said between a few people. It will also help you recall your thoughts by going through and watching your screenshots to see if there was anything you said that was really important.
Using a screen cast would be very helpful when teaching complex computer tasks. It is often difficult and time consuming to show students how to do computer tasks individually. With a screen cast no one would get left behind and you could show the entire class at once. This would free up time for them to do hands on things with the task.
Screencasts can be helpful in carrying out lesson plans and also offering them to parents so they can see what their children are learning. It can be helpful in keeping your lesson organized because its prerecorded as well. Another way to use them is to have students create their own, so they can familiar themselves not only with the subject they are covering but how the technology works.
With screencasting you can create lesson plans by showing students how to do certain tasks. As an language arts teacher, you could have your students read stories or poetry while their voice is accompanied by illustrations or visual cues to help them remember spelling words. Students could work in groups to create a screencast about a concept they are learning about in class. Teachers could create screencasts about certain complex computer skills they are teaching. In my case I am planning to teach 2nd grade so I think this would be more useful for higher grades.
ReplyDeleteAs a kindergarten teacher I could possibly use Screencasting to put together some lesson plans and also use it to teach some lessons. I think that it would be especially helpful when you had to have a sub come into your classroom. Then you would know that the lesson is being taught exactly how you want it to be.
ReplyDeleteI think that I would use screencasts in my early elementary class to help inform parents about what is going on in our classroom. I think that by creating a powerpoint or a slide show of some sort to share work with parents as well as maybe some sort of weekly news letter that is explained in greater depth with spoken words. Students might find it fun to annotate their own stories by having their pictures put on the computer and they can read their stories out loud, so the person on the other side of the computer could follow along with the authors voice.
ReplyDeleteScreencasting seems to be a great tool in the classroom. It is a great way to share information as well as to create lesson plans. Screencasting is particularly advantageous because it allows you to show how do a certain task. Basically it is a video with an audio narration that goes along with it to explain something. This could be very useful in many different classroom settings and seems to be a big tool in the future of education.
ReplyDeleteScreencasting would be a great tool to use in the classroom. One particular situation where I'd see it as being useful is if you're planning on being out a certain day but still want to give your students a specific lesson then you could use a screencast. This would be more effective than just giving a substitute a lesson plan and expecting them to teach your kids the way you want.
ReplyDeleteAs a physical therapist i'm not sure if I would you screen casting. One thing that might be an idea is maybe make a lesson plan with different exercises that my clients could do on their own time because I known when i'm told to do certain exercises I always forget what it was I was suppose to do this way they could just look it up!
ReplyDeleteI think that I could use screencasting to help my students with grammar or analytical writing. I plan on becoming either an English or a Spanish high school teacher so it would be very useful for me to explain concepts in greater detail using screencast. Also, in regards to teaching Spanish, I could use the audio in a screencast to show my students how to pronounce something correctly. I could share students' work or papers with the class and we could comment on it together using screencasting.
ReplyDeleteI think screencasting could be helpful for teachers in their classrooms for creating ways to teach their topics or lessons. They could use videos with audio to teach their students when they arent able to be in the room.
ReplyDeleteI could use podcast as a physical therapist to give additional instruction on exercises that a patient may be assigned. This may cut down on paper copies that usually are given out during appointments. They could just log in and search for the file that would be titled the exercises they are assigned to do.
ReplyDeleteScreencasting allows a teacher to give step-by-step instructions about a task in order for students to accomplish the task. The video can show how to do the task, while the audio portion gives verbal descriptions of each step. If students were to follow along with the screencast by carrying out the task as the screencast plays, students will better understand if they are doing the task correctly because they can see how the example on the screencast is done. This is a different example, but when I was in high school I took a web design class. It was much easier to follow along with the lesson because the teacher used a projector to display his own screen. The class simply had to follow along with his actions. The same thing could be done with a screencast.
ReplyDeleteScreencasting seem like it would be a great way to make lesson plans, especially as a teacher and you are out sick and need a sub, the sub knows exactly how to teach the lesson plan. I think screencasting would also be a great way for a teacher to post notes if they had a website or page with a syllabus and the homework and other activities for class. It would be especially helpful for students who missed class or just need extra help learning the concepts.
ReplyDeleteScreencasting could be best used when trying to teach something that needs specific examples. As an English teacher I could use screencasting to show my students different writing strategies. I could organize my thoughts in the video and make a presentation rather than trying to fit everything onto a white board.
ReplyDeleteGoing off what Melissa said, as a Physical Therapist, I could use screencasing to show clients how to do certain exercises that I teach them during our appointments. Instead of my client trying to do these exercises at home reading what they should be doing off a piece of paper, I can make a screencast that allows my clients to pretend they are doing the exercises with me. This way my clients will not only do these exercises correctly, but also efficiently .
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteScreencasting has advantages in the classroom. This allows teachers to record lectures and have students watch the lectures before class which allows for more interaction between the students. It would allow students to get a more understanding of the material and do examples instead of sitting for 50 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes listening to the professor just talk. It would allow the visual and hands on learners to grasp the information better.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI could use screencasting to give step by step instructions on ways to do workouts and how to stay on track with nutrition plans. Anything that I forgot to tell them, or didn't explain in enough detail in person could be shown here. This would be a good way for someone to really sit down and think about what they want to say before they say, or they just might not have thought of when there talking to someone. They also might have had something else on there mind, or they might of had to leave or be somewhere for some reason, so this could be very useful if not all information was said between a few people. It will also help you recall your thoughts by going through and watching your screenshots to see if there was anything you said that was really important.
ReplyDeleteUsing a screen cast would be very helpful when teaching complex computer tasks. It is often difficult and time consuming to show students how to do computer tasks individually. With a screen cast no one would get left behind and you could show the entire class at once. This would free up time for them to do hands on things with the task.
ReplyDeleteScreencasts can be helpful in carrying out lesson plans and also offering them to parents so they can see what their children are learning. It can be helpful in keeping your lesson organized because its prerecorded as well. Another way to use them is to have students create their own, so they can familiar themselves not only with the subject they are covering but how the technology works.
ReplyDelete