I'm going to be honest: I only save mine in files on my desktop. What I should be doing is backing them up onto a thumb drive in case I lose my files for some reason. Computers crash all the time, so I should be taking the necessary precautions in order to keep all of my files in order. Documents can also be added to our FirstClass accounts in files. In this way, even if the computer crashes, the documents are available on other computers around campus simply by logging into my email account.
I would save important files on an email, such as google, so that I could access it from where ever I am. We just wrote novels in my creative writing class and my professor was able to save them all to her google account, unlike firstclass which has a limit. I might also put the files on a zipdrive so that I could have it in my bag or on my keys.
The smart thing to do would be saving files on multiple sources. You can save files on a flash or external hard drive, your computer's hard drive, on your email account, and there are also multiple online services that allow you to store important files. This way with multiple save points, you can access your files on a different source if you computer crashes or you lose your hard drive, etc.
I think there should be a number of places to save your important documents. It is convenient to have them on the computer that you use regularly but those often crash or get viruses so a back up is needed. I think there should be a disc that you have put in a safe place. The second place perhaps should be an online site such as GoogleDocs or another company. This was there is a fail safe place for your valuable documents.
I recommend saving these things to the web or a backup hard drive because if your computer ever crashed you would lose all of those files. The web is a much safer place and you should always have a back up plan. Google Documents would be a good way to save your files.
While you can save your important files on your computers basic programs, it's always a good idea to have a back up on some sort of jump drive or online program. There is always the risk of a computer crashing or some sort of technical difficulty if it is saved to just one place. Having them online so you can access them from another computer can be beneficial and having some sort of disk or file to save them on is also a good idea.
Since this class, I think that I have learned that one good place to save some of my work in through google docs, or even firstclass so that even if the computer that you are working on happens to crash, you have a backup that you can access on any computer by just logging into your email. It is also a good idea to back up these important files on a thumb drive so that you don't have to rely on being able to use the internet to access your documents, and you also can use any computer if for some reason you can't use the one that you usually work with.
There are definitely various places to save your important files, such as a back up hard drive or flash drives, or on an e-mail or google account where you can access the information from anywhere. It is so important to save your work because the risk of having your computer crash could be devastating - if you have not saved all of your important documents, they would be lost forever.
I have everything saved on an external hard drive. My computer's hard drive is on its way out, so I have been backing everything up. I plug my external hard drive in often, but it is kind of a pain. So places like first class are helpful. It would be helpful to be able to access it easily from anywhere, without clogging up my first class.
Before class today, I would of said one should save important files to Google Docs because they can be easily accessed from any location. External hard drives and flash drives are a nice way to save information, but what happens if you loose one of them? You information will be lost forever. I really enjoyed today's lecture on Dropbox because I know I will use this in the future. Unlike Google Docs, one is able to save information in one location very easily. (In Google it takes a little bit to download each document, I guess you can say it is tedious to do this.) By using DropBox you can instantly download documents on your computer that can be opened in various locations.
Although i usually just saved files and papers to my desktop, i would save really important stuff in a file in your computer or save it to your first class or google account so you can access it in case of an emergency comes up like your computer breaking.
I'm going to be honest: I only save mine in files on my desktop. What I should be doing is backing them up onto a thumb drive in case I lose my files for some reason. Computers crash all the time, so I should be taking the necessary precautions in order to keep all of my files in order. Documents can also be added to our FirstClass accounts in files. In this way, even if the computer crashes, the documents are available on other computers around campus simply by logging into my email account.
ReplyDeleteI would save important files on an email, such as google, so that I could access it from where ever I am. We just wrote novels in my creative writing class and my professor was able to save them all to her google account, unlike firstclass which has a limit. I might also put the files on a zipdrive so that I could have it in my bag or on my keys.
ReplyDeleteThe smart thing to do would be saving files on multiple sources. You can save files on a flash or external hard drive, your computer's hard drive, on your email account, and there are also multiple online services that allow you to store important files. This way with multiple save points, you can access your files on a different source if you computer crashes or you lose your hard drive, etc.
ReplyDeleteI think there should be a number of places to save your important documents. It is convenient to have them on the computer that you use regularly but those often crash or get viruses so a back up is needed. I think there should be a disc that you have put in a safe place. The second place perhaps should be an online site such as GoogleDocs or another company. This was there is a fail safe place for your valuable documents.
ReplyDeleteI recommend saving these things to the web or a backup hard drive because if your computer ever crashed you would lose all of those files. The web is a much safer place and you should always have a back up plan. Google Documents would be a good way to save your files.
ReplyDeleteWhile you can save your important files on your computers basic programs, it's always a good idea to have a back up on some sort of jump drive or online program. There is always the risk of a computer crashing or some sort of technical difficulty if it is saved to just one place. Having them online so you can access them from another computer can be beneficial and having some sort of disk or file to save them on is also a good idea.
ReplyDeleteSince this class, I think that I have learned that one good place to save some of my work in through google docs, or even firstclass so that even if the computer that you are working on happens to crash, you have a backup that you can access on any computer by just logging into your email. It is also a good idea to back up these important files on a thumb drive so that you don't have to rely on being able to use the internet to access your documents, and you also can use any computer if for some reason you can't use the one that you usually work with.
ReplyDeleteThere are definitely various places to save your important files, such as a back up hard drive or flash drives, or on an e-mail or google account where you can access the information from anywhere. It is so important to save your work because the risk of having your computer crash could be devastating - if you have not saved all of your important documents, they would be lost forever.
ReplyDeleteI have everything saved on an external hard drive. My computer's hard drive is on its way out, so I have been backing everything up. I plug my external hard drive in often, but it is kind of a pain. So places like first class are helpful. It would be helpful to be able to access it easily from anywhere, without clogging up my first class.
ReplyDeleteBefore class today, I would of said one should save important files to Google Docs because they can be easily accessed from any location. External hard drives and flash drives are a nice way to save information, but what happens if you loose one of them? You information will be lost forever. I really enjoyed today's lecture on Dropbox because I know I will use this in the future. Unlike Google Docs, one is able to save information in one location very easily. (In Google it takes a little bit to download each document, I guess you can say it is tedious to do this.) By using DropBox you can instantly download documents on your computer that can be opened in various locations.
ReplyDeleteAlthough i usually just saved files and papers to my desktop, i would save really important stuff in a file in your computer or save it to your first class or google account so you can access it in case of an emergency comes up like your computer breaking.
ReplyDelete